Vietnam, officially the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, is a country located on the eastern coast of the Indochina's Peninsula. Hanoi is Vietnam's capital while Ho Chi Minh is the country's largest city. Laos and Cambodia border Vietnam in the west, China from the north and the South China Sea in the Southern region.
Most visitors to Vietnam are overwhelmed by the sublime beauty of the country's natural setting: the Red River Delta in the north, the Mekong Delta in the south and almost the entire coastal strip are a patchwork of brilliant green rice paddies tended by women in conical hats. There are some divine beaches along the coast too, while inland there are soaring mountains, some of which are cloaked by dense, misty forests.
- Vietnam has a population of over 92 million people with a medium age of 28.7 years.1
0-14 years: 24.6% (male 11,931,623/female 10,807,661)
15-24 years: 18.4% (male 8,796,395/female 8,215,536)
25-54 years: 44.4% (male 20,554,252/female 20,551,460)
55-64 years: 7% (male 2,936,340/female 3,517,538)
65 years and over: 5.6% (male 1,986,839/female 3,180,213) (2013 est.)
- Vietnam is the 14th most populous country in the world.1
- Vietnam’s literacy rate is over 94 percent.1
- During the current decade, Vietnam is the second fastest growing economy in the world. 2
- A significant milestone was Vietnam’s accession to the World Trade Organization (“WTO”) in 2007; it could be said that this effectively provided a formal confirmation of the changes that had been taking place within Vietnam.
- Vietnam's mobile telephone market passed the 134 million subscriber mark in early 2012 and is ranked 8th in the world.1
- The number of Internet users in Vietnam has grown exponentially from 430,000 Internet users in 2000 to 31,304,211 users in 2012 (35.58% of popuplation).
- Vietnam’s 31,304,211 Internet users in 2012 ranked 18th highest in the world.
8th in Asia and 3rd in Southeast Asia for the most number of Internet users.1
1 Source: The World Factbook, Central Intelligence Agency
2 Source: Wikipedia
3 Source: Vietnam Internet Network Information Center